Visual Development for Animation
Bob Dob & Cecil Kim Fall 2012 DGMD
Week 1 Sept 1st Introduction - 4 Main Characters Design Starts
Week 2 Sept 8th 40 Characters Thumbnails Due / Your Story Pitch
Week 3 Sept 15th Character Development Continue
Week 4 Sept 22nd Character Development Continue / Composition Study
Week 5 Sept 29th 4 Main Character Design Due / Composition Study
Week 6 Oct 6th Scene # 1 6 sketches Due
Week 7 Oct 13th Scene # 2 6 sketches Due
Week 8 Oct 20th Work in Progress
Week 9 Oct 27th Scene # 1, 2 Due
Week 10 Nov 3rd Scene # 3 6 sketches Due
Week 11 Nov 10th Scene # 4 6 sketches Due
Week 12 Nov 17th Work in Progress
Thanksgiving – No Class
Week 13 Dec 1st Work in Progress
Week 14 Dec 8th Scene # 3, 4 Due - Final
- All the sketches need to be done with traditional drawing mediums.
- Comps & final can be painted traditionally or digitally.
- All final submission needs to be printed on 11’ X 17’ (Horizontally)
- Scene Sketches should be created with Widescreen Aspect Ratio 2.3 X 1
- All Classes will start with critique using digital projector
- All assignments and progress need to be posted on class blog before 9:15am.
- 2 absences will bring down 1 full grade. Ex) B+ -----> C+
- 3 absences is fail. No academic warnings will be issued after 2 absences.